Ads appearing on paid subscription

My trial just ended which operated without a problem. But the day the subscription was paid for a year, ads are now appearing. Why is this please?

1 Like

Thank you for supporting us through paid subscription, and the tech team apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused.

One possibility is that due to network problems, your paid subscription information may not have been updated in time. You can try closing the app and reopening it, or clicking the ‘Resume Purchase’ button on the subscription purchase page, which should resolve the issue you’re experiencing with the incorrectly displayed ads.

If this issue is still not resolved, feel free to contact peigencihui@gmail.com.

Thank you, Chongwei! Just as you suggested, all is fine again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve logged in 4-5 times, the ads and log in ‘button’ still show up, ‘error 404’ once. I checked our account and we’re up to date. I was going to cancel then re-subscribe but can’t find ‘my account’ anywhere, to do it. This is all laptop work, we have no app, it started 4 days ago. We’re getting way behind on our research. I emailed on the 22nd, but no joy. Help! Bob

1 Like

Hi,

I’m sorry I didn’t get your email (and it wasn’t in the spam folder). If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to peigencihui@gmail.com.

Over the past few days, we have had some occasional availability issues with our login servers. We are in the process of adding more servers to support stability here. Everything on the site and in the app, including logging in, is working fine at the moment.

And thank you for supporting the etymonline team with the paid subscription.

The email address matches, I’ll send screen shots. I just now logged in, entered the word, selected the page where we left off and the ads and log in ‘button’ show up again. I’ll try un/resubscribing when I find how to do it. Bob

1 Like

I have received your email and screenshots. You can try logging out and logging back in to your account, which should resolve the issue you’re experiencing.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.