Thanks for supporting etymonline with your subscription! If you’ve subscribed to premium on your iOS or Android device, accessing the ad-free experience on our website is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Check Your Account Status on Mobile:
- Tap the gear icon in the app to access settings.
- View your login status. If you’re not logged in, tap the ‘sign in’ button. If you are, tap ‘profile’ to see account details.
- Log in the Same Account:
- Within ‘profile’, check if you’ve logged in using a connected account (e.g., Apple or Google). If so, log in to the website using the same connected account.
- If you logged in using only a phone number, you’ll need to add an email to your account. Click on ‘email’ to link one and log in to the website using that email address. Sorry that our website currently supports email-based logins only.
If you run into any issues or have further questions, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chongwei@the dev team
I am logged in, and still it wants to show adds?
Thank you for your feedback and support of the site.
It is possible that your premium has expired.
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to check your premium status from the website. We’re working on the ability to access premium orders and status from the website, as well as bookmarks and notes, so stay tuned.
But you can check your current premium status by going to “settings” - “upgrade and remove ads” in the app.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here.
Same as other user above. Paid, live subscription, logged in on same (google) account, and still ads.
Please fix this, because I am actually paying to get rid of the ads.
Ok, in browser, logged out, then back in again, and it fixed itself. So all good now, but strange that the initial connection / login with google account did not pick up on premium.
Thank you for your support and feedback! The issue might be related to how the browser handles caching (or it could be something else). We’ll continue to investigate the problem you reported and try to fix it. If you encounter any other issues, please feel free to provide feedback here.